Sisterhood doesn’t end at graduation.
Phi Lambda Phi Alumnae Association needs you … NOW!
Whether you’re a recent graduate, a founding sister, or pledged during the years in between, it’s YOUR college memories that feed Phi Lambda Phi’s vibrancy today.
YOUR MEMORIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Parties & Mixers
- Singing with Your Sisters
- Late Night Study Sessions
- The House at 54 W 5th Street
- And maybe even the boys, boys, boys that you and your sisters hung around with.
Oh, the stories you could tell … (and WE want to hear them!)
“MANY IN NUMBER, YET ONLY ONE…”
Whether you’re married, single, retired, a working professional or a stay-at-home mom, joining PLPAA reunites you with old friends and offers opportunities to form new bonds with sisters from 50+ years of Phi Lambda Phi.
We all have a special bond with the sisters who directly touched our lives. But you’ll discover that those who came before and after possess an uncanny similarity of spirit and joie de vivre! The “spirit” of Phi Lamb defies time. Phi Lambda Phi has contributed to who we are. It’s time that we all give back and preserve a fine tradition.
WHY DO WE NEED TO JOIN TOGETHER?
SUNY Oswego now requires an active alumnae association in order for Phi Lambda Phi to retain its charter. PLPAA is essential to the existence of Phi Lamb! Becoming a member of the PLPAA has many benefits.
We are committed to helping members:
- Reconnect with old friends
- Preserve the history and artifacts of Phi Lambda Phi
- Mentor active sisters to ensure that traditions and standards are continued/li>
- Usher the next generation of alumnae into a thriving organization dedicated to the spirit of Phi Lambda Phi Sorority
“NOW RAISE UP YOUR GLASSES AND GIVE US A TOAST…”
What is PLPAA doing already?
Several projects are underway:
- An active PLPAA membership campaign and related mailings
- Redesign of the official PLPAA website (PhiLamb.org) that will include a “members-only” area offering an updated member directory, photo libraries, etc…
- Archival-quality reframing and restoration of sorority composites
- Development of a PLPAA newsletter and blog that feature sister interviews, stories and memories, sister news and needs, and more
- Digitizing historic Phi Lamb scrapbooks and composites for online members-only access
- Development of a “Reunion in a Box” toolkit to support large and small gatherings of sisters nationwide.
As we gain more members, new projects become possible, for example, a professional networking database.
Your dues and your love in Phi Lamb are needed to keep the work going.